Nowadays due to the avid change in policies and the leap in economic growth, Canada is being considered to be the place for investment and business. That is the reason why the Government of Canada is offering a number of different business visas to the people aspiring to become a part of its corporate and noncorporate sectors.FIND OUT HOW TO APPLY?
The different types of available business visas and their details for requirement are given in detail below:
The Start-up visa program is offered to the individuals who have a profitable plan for business in Canada and a sufficient amount of funds to work on it. The person applying for the Start-up visa does not necessarily have to offer a fund him or herself. A third party approving for a sufficient amount of funds can be involved. There should also be complete support for the plan of business on behalf of the funding party or organization.
In addition to this, the applicant has to pass a language proficiency test to become completely eligible for the Start-up visa.
Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Pilot Visa:
The Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Pilot visa Program is for the immigrants who want to do business in terms of investments in Canada but are planning to live outside the province of Quebec.
- The applicants for the IIVC visa program are expected to own a $10 million CDN or more personal money. This amount should be earned through legal means as a profit from investments.
- The applicants must agree under the laws of the Government of Canada to make a non-guaranteed at-risk investment of CDN $2 million in the Immigrant Investor Venture Capital (IIVC) Fund.
- The applicants must prove their proficiency in either English or French.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate of at least one year or a foreign equivalent validated by the Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from a CIC-designated organization is required by the applicants for a IIVC visa.
Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP)
Some provinces of Canada have the authority to nominate business immigrants so that investment may be made according to the needs of the people and the governments.
These Business Immigration Programs highly suit investors coming from foreign countries.
Quebec Business Immigration Program
The Quebec Business Immigration Program is a program developed by the government of the province to attract investors, self-employed people and entrepreneurs.
- The Quebec Business Immigration Program is part of the Canadian Immigration program and welcomes people with skills and experience in business and management.
- The applicants need to pass the health and security examinations for be eligible for the visa. They should be proficient in the English language and know about the province of Quebec thoroughly. If the applicants are applying along with their spouses, the age of both should also be entered as required information.
There are three categories for the Quebec Business Immigration Program:
1. Self-employed Worker Program
2. Investor Program
3. Entrepreneur Program
For the three categories of this program, there are certain requirements that are compulsory for the applicants to meet:
Self-employed Worker Program
- The applicants need to establish a business of their own.
- They need to have C$100,000 in store to work on that business.
- The applicants must have prior experience of two years to be able to successfully run the planned business in the province of Quebec.
- The applicant must have an asset of 1,600,000 CDN.
- The applicant must have managerial experience in carrying out legal farming or legal professional business or industrial business.
- The applicant must sign an agreement issued by the government authorities to invest an amount of 800,000 CDN.
- The applicant must be willing to become a permanent resident of the province of Quebec.
- Should have legally acquired assets worth 300,000 CDN.
- The applicant should have at least 5 to 2 years of running the business that he or she wants to open in the province of Quebec.
- The applicant must be able to finance, manage and control the affairs of the business.
- If the applicants are successful, they will be issued a Certificat de sélection du Québec from the Government of Quebec after which they will be able to obtain the PR visa for a selected category of the Quebec Business Immigration visa.
For each type of the desired visas, the first step in any case is to fill the application form.