New Zealand Permanent Resident (PR) Visa information
Want to live and work in New Zealand permanently? It means you actually want to earn its Permanent residency.
Basically there are two classes of visas for Permanent residency in New Zealand. Your application’s approval somehow depends upon your skills and abilities. These categories are:
- Skilled Migrant Category visas, and
- Work to Residence visas.
Skilled Migrant Category
This class visa is suitable for the applicants who have attained the skills, qualifications and experience that is in demand in New Zealand. To apply under this Category, you first need to send an expression of interest(EOI) to New Zealand Immigration.
To be eligible for Skilled migrant category, a candidate must:
- be 55 or under
- be healthy
- be of good character
- speak English.
Further your eligibility is decided by your points. These points are calculated on the basis of your age, experience, employability and qualifications.
Work to Residence
This visa class is designed for the people who fulfill one of the following criteria:
- Attain the qualification that is highly required in New Zealand
- Carry a job offer from an authorized employer of New Zealand
- Possess an exceptional talent in the field of sports or arts
This Work to Residence visa is a temporary work visa that allow you to work in new Zealand and later you can apply for Permanent Resident visa known as residence from work visa. The benefit to apply for residency from work is that you need not to send any EOI (Expression of Interest).
To become eligible for residence from work visa, Applicants must have:
- hold a work visa for at least 24 months under this specific category,
- worked in New Zealand for at least 24 months for an authorized employer at minimum base salary; OR
- been actively involved in the declared field of art, culture or sport and are sponsored by a New Zealand organisation of national repute; OR
- employment in New Zealand in a profession which is included in the Long Term Skill Shortage List of New Zealand
Applying for a Permanent Resident visa in New Zealand?
Resident visa categories like Skilled Migrant visa and Residence from work visa allow you to travel outside the country in the first two years of your residence. But after 2 years you will have to apply for a permanent residence. A permanent resident visa do not impose any restrictions on your travel. You will become a resident of new Zealand.
Sometimes, New Zealand immigration directly grants the Permanent Resident Visa to “Work to resident visa” holder through their residence application provided they have worked for an accredited employer and earn over NZ$90,000 per year.
So, if you are ready to shift to New Zealand permanently, then visit ___ to get the most appropriate advise. Get to know whether you are eligible to apply for PR to New Zealand and if yes, which category you should apply for. Fill the contact form below with all the required information and we will assist you to proceed ahead.